The Classical Cat Corner

Wear the old coat and buy the new book. --Austin Phelps

Monday, August 01, 2005

Missing our lessons....

This is our first week off since starting our 3 weeks on, 1 week off routine with school. Can you believe that I actually miss it? I just LOVE learning. I have the boys in a routine when we get going and everyone is happy with things to accomplish and learn, and then time to play.

I'm also glad though for a week off. I was really ready for a week off so I think this routine will work REALLY well for us.

The public schools in my county start back on Wednesday. The next county over (maybe 5 miles from my house) doesn't start until the 15th. Most of the private schools aren't starting back until the 15th either. ONE more day!!!! The library will not be crowded, the grocery store won't be crowded, the streets won't be crowded (until 2:30). Also my boys are more likely to want me to read to them during the day when friends aren't lurking around the neighborhood.

I'm looking forward to Friday night! My homeschool mom friends are getting together for a planning meeting. We will go to dinner and then off to the coffee shop to plan! I really miss seeing them over the summer as a group. It is hard for us to get together as a group then, so this will be nice. I always come home pumped up!

I'm off to get more lesson plans put into Homeschool Tracker!!

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger hornblower said...

What's with all these schools starting back up in August? Is that an American thing? I don't think any of the schools in Canada start until after the September long weekend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home