The Classical Cat Corner

Wear the old coat and buy the new book. --Austin Phelps

Friday, July 29, 2005

Poetry

I decided to do some informal poetry reading with the boys this year. We will start this in a week. Mungo found this book at the library. I was able to get it through our ILL. It is such a pretty book. It has a CD of 2 people reading the poems. You play this at certain times after you've read about the type of poetry that you are studying at that time.

I think this will be a nice, gentle introduction to poetry. I'm also using the poetry schedule from Poppins' site. I can't wait to get started! Sweet Pea 1 today said, "I hate poetry." Just the reaction I thought I'd get to just showing him the book from the library. BUT, when I started reading some of the limericks and nursery rhymes, he was HOOKED!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home