The Classical Cat Corner

Wear the old coat and buy the new book. --Austin Phelps

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Fraternal Twins




I finally did it!!!! I have a PAIR of socks! My FIRST pair of socks!

Unlike what some people around here think, I actually DO other things that knit. (rolling eyes....are you STILL working on that sock?) Errr!

I decided to try making the toe on sock #2 (bottom) more rounded than pointed. I figured who would see it inside my shoe. Also I ended up picking up WAY more stitches in sock #2 than the first one...I'm not sure why that happened. I needed to or I would have had holes. But they both fit and feel just right. It was a good time to experiment. But in reality, for ME, it didn't matter. I have a long second toe so ALL my socks look pointy when I wear them. But I'll know when I make socks for the boys that I DO prefer the more rounded look. I am VERY happy with my Kitchener stitch this time too!

It will be 80 degrees here in Georgia tomorrow. But guess what I'll be wearing!

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Blogger Donna Boucher said...

Great Socks! Is that Trekking XXL?

You should have seen how odd my first pair of socks was!!! One fit me...one fit Herman Munster ;o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home