The Classical Cat Corner

Wear the old coat and buy the new book. --Austin Phelps

Saturday, February 25, 2006

I won't make it....I just don't think I can....

Thanks everyone for their support and cheering on my Olympic sock. Just today (about 3 hours ago), I noticed that my heel flap looked different than the other one....WAY different than the other one....sigh....so I frogged ALL the way back to before the heel flap....and now I have some places in the yarn, that are all twisted up. I've got to pick up all those stitches and see if I can make some sense of where to start and keep going.

Oh, well.....I tried.

2 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

In the words of my two-year-old, "Aw shoot!"
It's better to make a good sock that you are happy with than get a virtal gold medal.
Especially if you used that lorna's laces yarn. You want a $10 sock to look darn good!
I'm in the same boat as you. I'm hoping I get my new sock homework done by class time too.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger GailV said...

A year or so ago I was reading about how math is taught in China, and my big take-away is that they often value TRYING and perserverance more than getting the right answer. This means the kids are always willing to TRY, and don't have fear of failure (as in, "Oh, I always get the wrong answer, I'm stupid in math, I might as well not even try, I quit").

You are a great role model for your kids. You TRIED something difficult, you TRIED something that was a stretch. And, yeah, it didn't get done by the deadline, but you didn't collapse in tears and wail that you're never going to knit again. (Also, I'm betting that you didn't skip out on church just to make the deadline Sunday, thus showing good priorities on the final stretch.)

So, you WIN the special SUPER ROLE MODEL AWARD.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home