The Classical Cat Corner

Wear the old coat and buy the new book. --Austin Phelps

Monday, July 04, 2005

Happy Birthday, America (and to me!)

Today is America's birthday. And it is my birthday. Yep, I was born on July 4th. I never liked having the same birthday as America, but as I get older, I find that my patriotism gets bigger and I find that I don't mind it as much. I used to hate birthdays because it meant I was getting older, but someone said to me "it is just another reason to thank the Lord-- for giving you another year." Now I like birthdays.

We had our bi-annual Patriotic Celebration at church last night; Lots of flag waving, lots of remembering what our soldiers past and present did/do for us, lots of fun. It always brings back to the forefront of my mind what others have done for our country over the years and how thankful I am. My father-in-law went to Normandy on D-day. He has gone on to be wtih the Lord now, but I always like hearing his stories.

If you see someone in the military today, tell them "Thank you" for how they are protecting us.

2 Comments:

At 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to a Cool Cat!

Poppins

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Crissy said...

Happy, Happy Day, Penny!!

Crissy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home