The Classical Cat Corner

Wear the old coat and buy the new book. --Austin Phelps

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

A Lesson Learned.....

I was trying to take the easy way out. I decided to buy a pool like this for the boys. I was so excited about it but my friend told me how much work it would be to make the ground level....just when you think the ground is level, it isn't!! Our whole backyard is one big slope. So off to Lowe's I go to get play sand to try to build up one area and make it level. Then I had the BRILLIANT idea of putting it on our deck!! I called Popeye to ask if he thought it would be fine to do this and he said yes. Ahhhhh.......this will be EASY now! I swept off the deck, bought a tarp and laid it out to add another measure of protection to the bottom of the pool. I got most of the wrinkles out, started filling it up with water. It was almost full when WHOOOOSH.... there goes part of the deck!!!! It was very scary but I tried to stay calm for the kids. Popeye was home and we were inside talking while the Sweet Peas and their friend from next door were playing in the pool. They got out and it was like a RIVER running down the back and then turning left through the backyard. Guess what I'll be doing in the morning??? Yep, digging and buying more sand to try to make a level place.....sigh.

2 Comments:

At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Good luck - you're far more ambitious than I am! ;)

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooo, my dh wanted to buy one of those, but our yard has a gentle slope (doesn't everybody's? for drainage?). In the end we spent the money on buying a membership to a private pool nearby. But, your kids are certainly learning a lot about physical science, right? WHY must the ground be level, WHY did the deck collapse, WHY is some soil easier to dig out than other (dh is a ChemE especially interested in waterworks, I studied horticulture including soil science -- this pool looks like a grownup version of a Nutshell science kit to me, which is probably what appealed to dh).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home