The Classical Cat Corner

Wear the old coat and buy the new book. --Austin Phelps

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Reporting in....

Well, this week was trying out the new plan....it went fairly well. Sweet Pea 1 had an attitude one morning so that wasn't pleasant. Then another morning I just let him sleep late while I did all of the lessons that Sweet Pea 2 needed to get done. I REALLY enjoyed that morning. I had forgotten what it was like to be teaching ONE child and to see his handwriting click, and his math clicking and his reading starting to take root in his brain....lots of fun that morning.

I haven't worked out Classical Studies back into our reading time, but I intend on trying that out the week after next. I'm going to take all of next week off. Time to regroup and schedule things our for SP2 since his handwriting is in place and I believe his reading will take off. I'm also streamlining our Spell to Write and Read studies for SP1. We have two field trips (one with an art project) next week so I'm going to focus the other days on getting our schedules working, then we'll be off and flying for another few weeks!

Thanks for checking in with me especially those who commented and were hoping for the best for us.

2 Comments:

At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear things are looking up for you! :) Sometimes we just need to scale back for a while and just do the basics - or take a break. Enjoy yours!

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Good Luck...I hope that you are finding more peace on the New Plan.

Sending good thoughts your way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home