The Classical Cat Corner

Wear the old coat and buy the new book. --Austin Phelps

Sunday, October 16, 2005

I'm burning out.....

I'm tired. I don't like doing school until 2 pm each day (that is with a 45 min lunch). So, I'm going to shift some things and see how that works. The Sweet Peas are still so little and I want them to have time to play and read and just be boys.

We will cover basics in the mornings from 8:30 until 12:30 (with a 15 min break in there); that also covers AWANA memorization time and piano practice. I'm moving our Classical Studies reading until night time before bed or late evening on Mon, Thurs and Fri....once soccer is over, I'll probably do it Mon, Tues and Thurs.

I will be instituting a few days per week "Storyfest". I really miss just sitting and reading something short and fun to the boys. We have our long read alouds but there are some picture books that they are outgrowing and I want to be sure to read those before they won't want to read them. (Taking this idea from Poppins.

I'll let you know how it works out....and if I still feel too burned, then I'll drop all but the basics until January and then I think I can pick up steam again.

I keep forgetting that this is a JOURNEY and not a RACE.

2 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Kathy Jo DeVore said...

We just took last week off when our week started off badly with our dog being ill. This is going to blow our schedule, but I decided screw it. :) It's my schedule and I can change it if I want to! ;)

((hugs)) Praying that you have a fantastic week.

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I hope that all is going well now! Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home