The Classical Cat Corner

Wear the old coat and buy the new book. --Austin Phelps

Friday, September 02, 2005

I'm sure I'm the only one

that has not blogged about Hurricane Katrina and its aftermath.

I haven't blogged on the disaster that has/is taking place in LA, MS, and AL. I have not watched ANY coverage on TV about it and read little online. I have seen many pictures of what has happened and I accidently saw some TV coverage while waiting with Sweet Pea 1 to have his arm x-rayed....another story for another time...he is fine though.

A fellow local homeschooler emailed me and said she just could not look at all those small children and babies that are stuck there in New Orleans. I can't either.

When 9/11 happened, I was glued to the TV. I've learned though that emotionally I can't handle what has happened. Just today when I saw the little bit of TV coverage in New Orleans, I started to cry. I am a very sensitive person....overly so most of the time. It is my nature though. I won't apologize to anyone for that. I even cried when Nemo's mom was eaten in the very FIRST scene of Finding Nemo! Pathetic, aren't I? Oh well. I live with me....and so does poor Popeye! LOL

I have very much sorrow for all those who are going through this unthinkable ordeal. I also have very much anger over what has been happening....and it AIN'T with our government....I'll just leave it at that. It is very hard to listen and read and watch all this but to know that your hands are tied. We have given in various ways to help and will be giving more, but it just never seems to be enough.....so I have to let what happens happen and just pray for the souls of the lost...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home